Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Handle with Care

It's difficult to be gentle with myself.

As in, actually being kind, thoughtful, sensitive, empathetic, and understanding...of myself.

That sounds super odd to admit, but I'm thinking I'm probably not alone in this.

The thing is, there is NO one that will be more gentle with myself than ME. (Outside of God, obviously.) So if I'm not treating myself gently, then good grief...I feel bad for myself. Because of myself. I am my own worst problem sometimes.

It's incredible, the short leash I extend to my own self. I wouldn't say I expect perfection, but I don't take the big picture into consideration when I view myself. I tend to zoom in, all freakishly close, to peer at the spot that's lacking...the place I'm messing up. Then I beat myself up, lay on a thick helping of guilt, and do some good old fashioned griping, at.myself. Super helpful, I am, to me.

It's pretty insane. When I stop to think how ridiculous it actually is.



They say that admitting your problem is the first step to getting better. So there it is, I'm rather rough with myself, and I hope to be much more gentle.

More kind, thoughtful, sensitive, empathetic and understanding...of myself. The person I know inside and out, pretty darn well. It's time to start loving her a little sweeter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Love to hear your thoughts.